Self-Reflection and Development
What does success look like?
Checklist for self-reflection and self-development (be your own coach!)
Where are you going and how will you get there?
What are your goals and objectives for the year ahead?
When will each objective/goal be completed (make them time-bound, specific and measurable)?
What does success look like:
- at the end of the fiscal year?
- at the end of the calendar year?
- in two or five years’ time?
Do you have the right team structure to help you deliver on key objectives?
Create structure around important projects and key areas such as business development.
Track progress and hold yourself accountable to those important (but not urgent) tasks.
Who is supporting you?
Who is helping you with development goals?
Who are your sponsors?
Who can you go to to let off steam?
Who will let you know when you are showing signs of stress?
Productivity requires planning:
- Schedule thinking and planning time each week
- Allocate time to those important but not urgent tasks:
- Business development
- Progress against goals and objectives
- Personal reflection
- Check regularly to see how you split your time between different roles and responsibilities – is the balance still appropriate?
You have access to lots of exercises, tools and resources if you need them!